Monday, November 5, 2012

expiringsun.01.001-005

I'm writing an album over the next few weeks and documenting the process as much as possible. I'm not trying to write anything legendary or blow any minds. It is simply a personal test to see what I can accomplish musically in a small amount of time.

What's the point of this? Having to complete an album in such a short amount of time forces me to write and act on instinct. I won't have time to over think, or barely think at all. I will have no choice but to write in an extremely primal and emotional manner.

So there you have it. I'm psychotic aren't I?

I'll be posting warts and all process videos and clips as frequently as I possibly can. So here we go, the first segment is below! In this first part you'll hear some initial riff ideas I came up with the past couple days that I'm pretty happy with. You'll also hear plenty of mistakes and guitar squawks. Let me know any thoughts, questions or anything else you might have in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment